Are you a gamer? Do you LOVE playing mobile games?
Do you want to join a creative agency that values ideas, execution, personality and passion above all else?
If that sounds like you, then maybe you’re a Waster…
This is a unique position and an ideal job for recent graduate who is a passionate gamer wanting to work, playing the best mobile games in the world!
A little about us:
Waste is an 11-year-old creative agency filled with digital natives and analog enthusiasts who combine to make beautiful bits and bytes. Like every 11-year-old, we’re a little cheeky, brimming with a certain kind of twisted genius, and we care deeply about the things we love. Lucky for you, that’s smart, expertly crafted digital content created at the speed of social.
We have offices in London and Los Angeles, and good friends in Finland, San Francisco, South Africa, Houston, Kosovo and New Zealand because we’re international like that.
With a passion for the unconventional and a no-fuss attitude, we take pride in delivering amazing results for amazing clients like Supercell, Sega, British Gas, Camelot, Warner Bros. and Turner Broadcasting. But don’t take our word for it… check out our work and accolades.
The successful disposal expert MUST have:
- Experience of Game Footage Capture (Fraps or other software)
- An understanding of File Formats, Codecs and basic editing (Premiere or After Effects) to create seamless footage
- Basic Photoshop to create still game captures and tweak and improve
- Passion for gaming and mobile games
- Gaming advocate with a full understanding of every nook and cranny of each game
- Experience to be the “go to man” to explain how a small game update has changed the game and improved the game for its millions of players.
- A willingness to play mobile games and the enthusiasm to understand them inside out even down to the smallest detail.
- To look at competitor games and be abreast of their updates and how they compare (both in the game and in their social comms offering)
- A strong eye for detail
- Knowledge of the E-Sports landscape (desirable)
- Ability to be self motivated when required but also hitting every deadline and delivering work that is to brief every time
- PC literate but also comfortable with using Macs if needed
Your duties will be to:
- Capture game footage and imagery as needed and requested by the studio
- Play the latest version of games (primarily Supercell games) and keep up to date with changes
- Provide insights into gameplay behaviour, how do players play, what are the gameplay styles? How does the meta change when the games are updated?
- Research and understanding of the gamer base, what do they like, what do they hate? What can be made better? How can we help push gameplay modes that may not be so apparent to the casual gamer?
- Who are the key social influencers and what kind of content do they create? What makes is successful and insightful?
- Provide weekly reports on player insights by analysing social media channels and watching youtube videos