We’re looking for rock star developers to join our super-talented team, working on a variety of projects, from slick web builds and games to complex, rich interactive content.
As a Senior Developer, you should have experience in multiple languages and frameworks but have focused expertise in at least one. We expect a professional understanding of web technologies allowing you to spot typical technical and creative issues before they come up based on your previous experiences.
- Write consistent tidy and easily maintainable code.
- Architecting front-end solutions, with an eye on modularity and planning for extensibility.
- Responsible for making technical choices together with the technical head and working closely with creative and production leads.
- Confident enough to explore new and emerging tech and suggest new solutions depending on various needs of the projects or a creative process.
- Provide guidance to the more junior members of the team.
- Have an expert-level understanding of data structures, networking, and working with database.
- Expertise in CSS processors (SASS, LESS, etc.) and their configurations.
- Expertise with at least 1 modern build tool (Webpack, Grunt, Gulp, etc.).
- Comfortable with dependency management tools (NPM, Browserify, RequireJS, etc.).
- Expertise working with responsive design and developing for mobile, tablet, and desktop.
- Experience working with 3rd party services, APIs, and content management systems.
- Experience implementing and working with analytics providers (i.e. Google Tag Manager).
- Deep knowledge of SEO and Accessibility best-practices.
- Knowledge of security best practices (OWASP, etc.).
- Deep understanding of web optimization techniques for performance and load time.
- Experience with capacity-planning and designing for high-traffic/load.
- Able to self-manage time and feedback about requirements, blockers, and solutions.
- Typically, 6 to 10 years’ experience of building multiple sites or apps, taking different approaches, and solving various technical and creative issues.
Good to Have
- Good animation techniques and experience with animations libraries.
- Experience with canvas, WebGL, three.js, or other creative web technologies.
- Experience working in web projects with user-generated contents and their possible security and performance implications.
- Experience with Node.js and single-page applications.
- Experience with code deployment and source control practices (Git, Bitbucket, CodeDeploy, JIRA etc.).
- Experience with other non-web technologies, such as Swift, Java, Objective-C, Unity, Unreal Engine, etc.
- Server-side development and/or DevOps experience.
- Experience of mentoring junior developers or leading a team.
- Previous agency experience.
A little about us:
Waste is an 11-year-old creative agency filled with digital natives and analog enthusiasts who combine to make beautiful bits and bytes. Like every 11-year-old, we’re a little cheeky, brimming with a certain kind of twisted genius, and we care deeply about the things we love. Lucky for you, that’s smart, expertly crafted digital content created at the speed of social.
We have offices in London and Los Angeles, and good friends in Finland, San Francisco, South Africa, Houston, Kosovo and New Zealand because we’re international like that.
With a passion for the unconventional and a no-fuss attitude, we take pride in delivering amazing results for amazing clients like Supercell, Sega, British Gas, Camelot, Warner Bros. and Turner Broadcasting. But don’t take our word for it… check out our work and accolades.