We’re looking for an Art Director / Designer to join our award winning team of digital natives and analog enthusiasts in our Farringdon offices.
You’ll deliver beautiful creative, primarily for Supercell, one of the biggest mobile gaming companies in the world, with over 100 million players globally, on some of the biggest games available on mobile, including Clash of Clans and Boom Beach.
Every piece of work in your portfolio needs to look like a pixel perfect, beautifully composed piece of digital art. From one day to the next, you might be creating designs from scratch; concepting the next big creative launch for an in-game event; defining the look and feel for a social post; or even using in-game assets in new and unexpected ways. And sometimes you’ll be doing all of the above at the same time. No day is ever the same! And every piece of work you make, whether it’s static, video, 3D, animation, live action or experiential, will be seen by millions of people across the globe.
- Art Direction - You’ll be actively up to date with all the latest design trends, on and off the web. You can execute any style at the drop of a hat. If it’s digital, chances are you’ll have to create it at some point, so the ability to learn fast and have a deep understanding of everything digital isn’t just important- it’s everything you do. You understand 3D and you’re confident art directing global video and CGI campaigns. Having experience in animation is a major bonus.
- Creativity - You’re bold and original. You’re constantly asking questions and pushing the digital boundaries. World class, innovative creative solutions come naturally to you and you can articulate your ideas with the rest of the creative team. You never shy away from a storyboard and scamping is something you’re either good or great at. If you can illustrate to a high standard this is a major bonus.
- Design - You need to be a great designer, simple as that. It should go without saying but, type, grids, pixels, photography, motion graphics, etc, are the things that get you up in the morning, and must be the strongest points in your portfolio.
- Experience - 4+ years agency experience
And the following traits and capabilities are a must:
- Advanced creative suite skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver to world class standards
- Exceptional eye for detail and digital craft
- Militant pixel precision & typography skills
- Advanced understanding of art directing CGI, (Posing, lighting, texturing etc)
- Advanced understanding of motion design and rich interaction
- Ability to deploy your skills across all different digital channels
- Great understanding of user interaction across all digital devices and channels
- Experience working with creatives to help visualise ideas
- Interest in gaming and willing to work primarily on a gaming client.
Our awesome client list and fast growth is driven by a culture of no-waffle and a strong creative focus. The successful applicant will need to be able to perform against those values, and hit the ground running without heavy handholding.
Waste is an 12-year-old creative agency filled with digital natives and analog enthusiasts who combine to make beautiful bits and bytes. We have offices in London and Los Angeles, and amazing clients like Badoo, British Gas, Nintendo, The National Lottery, Supercell, and Warner Bros. Check us out at http://www.waste-creative.com/